C&L 5: Working with Harm & Trauma
Sat, Mar 26, 2022 from 10am - 12:30pm (Pacific)
Trauma: the experience of psychological or emotional injury. It’s something we’ve all heard of. Many of you have already experienced it yourself. As a leader working with consent you will certainly encounter it in others. You need to understand the types of trauma you’ll find and how to work from a trauma-informed perspective. It’s essential for managing a consent incident.
This workshop provides a deeper look into what trauma is and how it impacts the body, mind, emotions, and self. We’ll talk about why you need to have a trauma-informed perspective, especially around consent and consent incidents, and manifestations of acute, compounded, and secondary traumas. If you’re a leader working with or around consent, this training is essential.
- Video class with Workbooks for you to watch and follow on your own to learn about and familiarize yourself with the required concepts. The videos are included in the ticket price. You will receive links for them by email.
- There will be an on-line quiz to confirm you did watch and absorb the information from the videos. This should be taken prior to the group workshops.
- Interactive Skills Workshop (via Zoom) for you to come together with other participants to learn and practice the skills discussed in the videos. You need to watch the associated videos prior to the workshop.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the Whole Series (https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- Class times are listed in US Pacific time zone. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Zoom Links for the workshop will be sent via email the day before the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.