Consent and Leadership: Creating Accountability
Sat, Jun 19 from 10:30am - 1:30pm
After the information has been gathered and a Consent Incident has been evaluated there are still the issues of reviewing the details and creating a plan for holding the people involved accountable for positive change. There are many ways to go about this, some positive and some harmful. Finding the ways that work for you and your organization is important. This workshop provides an outline for the review process, options for creating an accountability plan, ways to communicate your plan, and how to follow through on it. We’ll look at some of the potential problems and challenges that come up. And we’ll review scenarios to examine what the process might look like.
3 Hour Online Zoom Workshop with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the morning of the class.
- “Consent & Leadership: Creating Accountability” is part of the Consent & Leadership Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- If taking the classes in order, this is class # 13
- To take this class, you need to have taken the “Consent & Leadership: Building a Framework” class, have taken a Consent for Leadership class (2020 or earlier), or get permission from the Consent Academy.
- We also suggest taking “Consent & Leadership: Working Towards Transformative Accountability”
- Please let us know by email (email@example.com) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy