C&L 9: Consent Incident Management
Sat, May 21, 2022 from 10am - 12:30pm (Pacific)
Once a consent incident happens, you often need more information. This can be part supporting and part of getting enough information to formally review the incident. There are good ways and problematic ways to do both. You also need to decide what to do with the information you collect and make sense of what happened.
This workshop gives insight and skills for managing a consent incident without causing additional harm; focusing on how to get information in a safer, compassionate, and trauma informed way. We’ll cover the basics of interviewing and evaluating an incident. If you ever might find yourself in the position of taking information, about consent or anything else, this class is for you.
- Video class with Workbooks for you to watch and follow on your own to learn about and familiarize yourself with the required concepts. The videos are included in the ticket price. You will receive links for them by email.
- There will be an on-line quiz to confirm you did watch and absorb the information from the videos. This should be taken prior to the group workshops.
- Interactive Skills Workshop (via Zoom) for you to come together with other participants to learn and practice the skills discussed in the videos. You need to watch the associated videos prior to the workshop.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the Whole Series (https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- Class times are listed in US Pacific time zone. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Zoom Links for the workshop will be sent via email the day before the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.